← Previous Page
Matt Read and Oliver Lauridsen scored seven seconds apart to lead the Flyers past the Boston Bruins, 5-2. Scott Hartnell, Jakub Voracek and Simon Gagne also scored for Philadelphia.
The Capitals may have started the year slow, but clinched the Southeast Division with a 5-3 win over the Jets on Tuesday while the Islanders clinched their first playoff birth since 2007.
· Quarterbacks: The best of the rest
· NFL trade-down winds kicking up
· Benek comes through as Central stuns Frankford
· Cherokee's Woodard taking aim at Penn Relays
· Flyers honor Bostonians but beat the Bruins
The BCS commissioners announced that the name for the new football playoff system will be called College Football Playoff. Cowboys Stadium will host the first championship game in January 2015.